Subscribe to the show via iTunes.
In this episode of Nursing Notes Live, the panel discussion revolves around those who choose nursing as a second career. What do these nurses bring to the profession and do they face unique challenges entering the rigorous training as a nurse at a mid-point in their lives.
Our Nursing Notes Live Panel
- Suzette Cardin: Suzette holds a doctorate in Nursing Science and is the Assistant Dean of Student Affairs at the UCLA School of Nursing.
- Christy Dryer: Christy Dryer, MSN, RN, CNE has a background in medical/surgical nursing with time also spent in pediatrics and staff education. She is currently the Director of Nursing and Health Professions at Cecil College and enrolled in the Doctorate of Nursing Practice program at the University of Maryland.
- Jack Jordanowski: Jack is currently working on the telemetry floor of Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital at Rahway and loving it. Charge Nurse. Ex United States Air Force Officer. Graduated from Rutger’s University School of Nursing at 47.
- Rick Russotti: Rick is the host/author of Mitigation Journal podcast/blog. He retired from the Ridge Road Fire District as a battalion chief after 21 years of service and continues to work as a paramedic and EMS educator while pursuing nursing at Monroe Community College. Rick lives in Greece, NY with his wife and five children.
Don’t forget to check out the entire December issue of Nursing Notes, featuring a look at second bachelor’s degree programs in nursing around the country, information on nursing school scholarships, and continued increases in nursing school enrollment. You can read the entire issue online at www.discovernursing.com and don’t forget to catch our other Nursing Notes Live episode this month where we interviewed second career nurse Theresa Brown about her transition from college English Professor to a career in nursing. You’ll find this and our other podcast episodes at www.NursingNotesLive.com or in the podcast area in iTunes.
Nursing Notes Live is an audio extension of the national award-winning monthly e-newsletter, Nursing Notes – which offers the latest industry news, trends and updates in nursing. You can subscribe to the e-newsletter at www.discovernursing.com. Each month’s Nursing Notes issue will be accompanied by a couple of episodes of Nursing Notes Live, which will expand on the content and provide you greater insights into the topics presented in the e-newsletter. Check out NursingNotesLive.com or visit iTunes to subscribe to all episodes of this podcast!
Subscribe to the PodcastMP3 Audio Podcast
- AANA President Sharon Pearce and Nursing Show Episode 324
- Activities of Daily Living (ADLs) Affected by Sleep Disorders
- Working Shift Work Affects the Brain Over the Years
- For Nurses It’s More Important to be “Present, not Perfect”
- Improving Maternal Mortality Rates and Nursing Show Episode 323
- Diagnostics Made Easy
- Worldwide Obesity Costs Top $2 Trillion
- Healthcare Holes for American Seniors
- Fighting Nurse Fatigue
- Giving Back Health Data at PatientsLikeMe and Episode 322